Thursday, January 5, 2017

Relaxed

We have paused for these few very relaxing days in Bentota, a strip of soft sand a few hours south of Colombo. Seriously very little of interest here, this is a tourist area, where the food is good but not spectacular, the longshore drift and shore breeze really kick up in the afternoon, and the days are mostly spent waiting for the sunset. Finally a relaxing part of the vacation, and we are both starting to think a lot more about work awaiting us when we get home. It's time.

Going through my photos, I noticed a few signs of interest, so apropos of nothing:
The relaxed nature of this warning made me smile. Totally out of nature with the nature of the threat. "Going about" also seems such an innocuous thing for a crocodile to do.
This, however, makes the threat a little too real. Look at the size of those (diagrammatic) wasps! And why would you designate a specific area for this type of activity?
It's not the age of the latrine, it's the quality of the maintenance.
I'm feeling like we are should probably write a few of these down. It appears walking, touching, and leading a parade are off-bounds, but sliding down stairs is OK. And what's with the cuffs?
 
Live Better, indeed.
The first thing I think of when I think about my Smak - is it natural?
And this may be my favourite. Only because in a traffic-choked city like Colombo, there is an area dedicated to etching your kids to ride a bike. That it is right in front of a temple celebrating Independance for Sri Lankans seems apropriate.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: